The Case for Natural and Non-Toxic Fragrances
If you're like most people, you probably don't think twice about the fragrances you use to freshen up your space. But what if I told you that those same fragrances could be harming your health? It's true! Many commercial reed diffusers are loaded with aroma chemicals that can off-gas into the air and contribute to respiratory problems and headaches. Yikes!
Fortunately, there are plenty of non-toxic reed diffusers available that can refresh your space without putting your health at risk. We'll explore some of the best natural fragrance options out there and dispel some common myths about aromatherapy. By the end, you'll be equipped with everything you need to make the switch to safer, healthier fragrances. Let's get started!
Discovering the best non-toxic options for refreshing your space
When it comes to finding natural fragrances, essential oils are going to be your best bet. Essential oils are concentrated plant extracts that retain all of the benefits of the plant they came from. They've been used for centuries in traditional medicine and are now gaining popularity as a natural way to improve physical and emotional wellbeing. And because they're so potent, a little goes a long way—which means they're also very economical. Win-win!
There are literally hundreds of different essential oils available on the market today, so it can be tricky to know where to start. Here are a few of our favorite essential oils and their benefits:
- Lavender oil is one of the most popular essential oils due to its calming, soothing properties. It's often used as a natural remedy for anxiety and insomnia.
- Peppermint oil is invigorating and uplifting—perfect for when you need a pick-me-up. It's also great for easing congestion and relieving tension headaches.
- Lemon oil is refreshing and cleansing— perfect for giving any room a bright, citrusy boost. Plus, it's great for cleaning surfaces naturally (just add a few drops to a cloth or sponge).
- Jasmine oil has a sweet, floral scent that's both romantic and sensual. It's often used in perfumes and cosmetics due to its intoxicating aroma.
These are just a few of our favorite essential oils— but there are many more out there waiting to be discovered! So why not start exploring today? Your nose (and your health) will thank you.
The Benefits of Going with Natural Scents
As we mentioned before, one of the biggest benefits of using natural scents is that they're much healthier for you than synthetic fragrances. But did you know that natural scents can also provide other benefits like improved moods and increased focus? That's right—essential oils aren't just good for making your home smell nice; they can actually have a positive impact on your overall wellbeing. Here are just a few ways that natural scents can benefit you:
- Improve Mood: Studies have shown that certain scents can help improve moods by reducing stress levels and promoting relaxation. Lavender oil is one example of an essential oil that has been shown to have mood-boosting effects
- Increase Focus: Some scents have been shown to increase focus and concentration by stimulating the brain's limbic system—the area responsible for memory and emotion
- Boost Energy Levels: If you're feeling sluggish or unmotivated, certain citrusy scents can help give you an energy boost by increasing alertness So next time you're feeling down or struggling to focus, reach for an essential oil diffuser instead of a cup of coffee or energy drink—your body will thank you!
As we've seen, there are many good reasons to switch from synthetic fragrances to natural ones made from essential oils. Not only are they better for your health, but they can also improve your mood and increase your focus. So why not give them a try? You might just be surprised at how much better they make you feel!
Don't take our word for it!
Light and refreshing, makes my home smell like a forest heaven.
J'ai des compliments sans cesse quand je le porte. Je ne me tanne pas de l'odeur. C'est doux, frais mais quand même audacieux et différent. J'adore!
A beautifully scented perfume that fills and surrounds you with grounding energy. When I wear this scent I feel calm and able to tackle whatever challenges come my way.
See what everyone is saying about Les Vides Anges.